Most boaters know that with traditional mechanical steering on your boat you sacrifice quite a bit of comfort, and old school hydraulic steering systems may be more than what is needed on most lower horsepower outboard boat engines. A BayStar Hydraulic Steering Kit.
Manufactured by well known brand SeaStar, BayStar hydraulic steering kits offer the same durability and efficiency that you have come to expect from Teleflex Hydraulic steering which are made for smaller outboard boat motors up to 150 HP. Their low price and compact design make them he perfect upgrade for mechanically steered vessels up to 150 HP total.
BayStar Hydraulic Steering Features
- BayStar systems are made specifically for smaller outboards.
- A 5-position tilt helm is optionally available.
- BayStar hydraulic steering system is low friction.
- Super easy, quick installation.
- Lock-to-lock is only 4.5 turns.
- Tapered, 3/4″ steering shaft is standard.
- BayStar PLUS helm is optionally available allowing even quicker steering response.
- Meets all current A.B.Y.C. standards.
- Meets or exceeds current N.M.M.A. certification requirements.
- Compact helm design has only a 5-inch footprint, thus requires only 3-inch dash hole (tilt or standard).
- It’s balanced cylinder will fit most splashwells, thanks to the compact design.
- Provides full outboard engine movement.
- Kit comes complete with cylinder, tubing helm, fittings, fill kit, oil, and detailed installation instructions.
BayStar Hydraulic Steering Applications
BayStar Hydraulic Steering kits are for single-outboard driven boats rated at a max of 150 HP. This includes inflatables and runabouts and outboard engines up to 150 HP (total). Please note, the kits are for single station, single engine use only.
BayStar hydraulic steering kits are not meant to be on high performance, high speed boats, such as Bass fishing boats.
BayStar Hydraulic Steering Kits Are Complete Systems
BayStar hydraulic steering kits come from the factory with everything you will need for a quick install. This includes the fittings, helm, fluid, cylinder, and tubing. BayStar even includes plenty of cut-to-fit tubing to accommodate either a 20′ or 30′ run, depending on what your boat requires.
Installation of one of these steering kits is easily completed in one afternoon. You may need a fishing buddy to help give you a hand with a few things, but overall, the process is quite simple. Just be sure to take your time and follow the easy to read directions. You will only need a couple of tools, which you likely already have. No need to go out and buy anything special for this project.
Here is a solid video showing you just how easy the installation process is.
Maintenance on the BayStar system is also quite simple. Once or twice a year you will need to check the fluid level and top it up when necessary. In addition, you need to check the nuts and bolts for any that may have come loose, and tighten up as needed.
If you’ve been thinking about upgrading your traditional mechanical boat steering system, don’t wait any longer. The inexpensive BayStar kit offers so many benefits in one complete package, and installation is a breeze. We highly recommend this upgrade today.